Toner Graham is working exclusively in partnership with The Ernest Cook Trust. All applications will be managed by Velko Vatahov on behalf of The Ernest Cook Trust. We respectfully request that no third parties contact the Trust directly.
The Ernest Cook Trust (ECT) was founded as an educational trust by Ernest Cook in 1952. The Trust was endowed with 14,462 acres of agricultural land, which has grown through acquisition and endowment to over 22,000 acres today. Our head office is based on the Fairford Estate in Gloucestershire.
The Trust’s Vision is an environmentally engaged society, and we have recently defined a new strategy to achieve this. This re-focus will support our aim of combining and maximising the capabilities of our learning functions, estates and grant-giving in a contemporary way as we approach our 70th year.
Our three main functions are:
· Management of the Landed Estates: Our 22,000 acres are spread over seven main estates and two other holdings in five counties (Gloucestershire, Buckinghamshire, Leicestershire, Dorset and Oxfordshire). The estates comprise around 40 let farms, some small parcels of woodland and 250 let houses and cottages.
· Grant giving: We currently support over 500 different organisations each year with around £2m of grants. We are refocusing our grant giving activity around our core vision.
· Direct Provision of Education: Around 33,000 children visit our estates annually and we have started to build partnerships with other estates and organisations, to deliver exciting programmes of work to fulfill our mission.
A superb opportunity in a beautiful setting to work as an Assistant Accountant for a charity organisation. Commutable from Cirencester, Swindon, Lechlade and the surrounding Cotswold villages, this role will see you play an important part in the ongoing development of our client’s finance function and as part of a small team will allow you a real hands-on involvement in its day-to-day activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Supporting year-end accounts preparation and external audit
· Debtor and Creditor reconciliations
· Maintaining Fixed Assets Register (additions, disposals, depreciation, valuations)
· Cash and Bank reconciliations
· Working on Accruals and Prepayments
· Journal postings
· VAT preparation
· Working with budget holders to aid financial understanding
· Ad-hoc duties as required
Our client would like someone with much of the experience above coupled with a good level of progress with their studies, ideally working towards or AAT qualified. Candidates who have started studying but had a break and would now regard themselves as qualified by experience will also be considered. You will have strong attention to detail, be an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive accountant with a good level of Excel (vlookups, hlookups, pivot tables etc). In return, you will be eligible for a good range of benefits and an extremely generous holiday allowance.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who have a love of the countryside and respect the benefits to be gained from learning outdoors and from the land. In return we can offer support in developing your professional skills within our varied, creative and friendly (and dog-friendly!) working environment.
The Ernest Cook Trust is committed to the fair treatment of its staff, potential staff or users of its services, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
27 days of holiday + bank holidays | additional benefits
Simply click on ‘I can do that‘ to apply for the role. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.