The shift pattern details could be subject to change at the discretion of Boston Scientific
You are entitled to earn holiday pay each week you work for Kelly Services
HOW HOLIDAY PAY WORKS:
· Each week you work, you are entitled to earn and save (accrue) an amount of holiday hours that you can then use in the future, for when you wish to take and be paid for holidays.
· The amount of holiday hours you earn and save depend on the amount of hours you work in a particular week, and the calculation for the amount of holiday hours you earn and save is shown in the example below: 39 hrs STD (worked) x 8% = 3.12 hours.
· These 3.12 hours are the amount of holiday hours you earn and save that particular week
· Holiday pay entitlement is capped at 156 hours (4 weeks) in any given year
· These 2.44 hours are the amount of holiday hours you earn and save that particular week.
Our computer system will only allow us to request half or full day holidays. We are unable to request and pay out 1 hour of holidays or 30 minutes of holidays etc.
We are unable to pay out holiday pay in advance of you taking your holiday. Our holiday year runs from Jan to December of any given year. Holidays must be requested and agreed with your supervisor first before approaching Kelly Services to request the processing of these holidays.
Your holiday balance is noted on your payslip
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON HOLIDAY PAY ACCRUAL:
Q: What happens to my holiday earnings if I am off sick for a day?
A: The fewer hours you work in a week the less holiday hours you earn and save that week. For example: Off sick on Monday
Therefore 30.5 hrs worked in total for the week.
30.5 x 8% = 2.44 hours
HOW BANK HOLIDAY PAY IS CALCULATED:
Hours paid for the Public Holiday = hours worked over the last 12 weeks divided by the number of days worked over that period.